SEO From Spork
SEO is pretty simple — there are only three big keys to success:
- Your website has to be easy for search engines to understand (we call this structural optimization)
- Your website needs high quality content that’s useful, informative, and/or entertaining
- Your website needs links, shares, likes, tweets, etc. from trusted and authoritative sources
The devil, as they say, is in the details.
SEO Key #1 – Structural Optimization
Your website should be easy for the search engines to read and understand. There are a lot of specific, technical elements of structural optimization (a.k.a. “on site” optimization) that must be evaluated and fixed. Some of the most important on-site elements that we can optimize include:
- HTML title tags
- Image alt tags
- Search engine friendly URI’s that include keywords
- Strategic use of internal linking to boost crawling
- Sitemaps, well-written META description tags, Google+ authorship, etc.
While properly optimized site structure is important to SEO success, it’s a small part of the SEO puzzle.
SEO Key #2 – High Quality Content
Google and Bing are designed to find the best quality content on the web for any given search term, and then display that content first. As a result, every SEO strategy must focus on content development…at least if it’s going to be successful long-term.
At Spork, we know automotive content. We own and/or manage more than a dozen automotive content sites, ranging from niche sites about winches (WinchBin.com) to auto advice (AccurateAutoAdvice.com) to one of the web’s more popular truck blogs (TundraHeadquarters.com, which receives 100k+ visitors each month). We also manage client blogs for dealerships, place guest blog posts with great frequency, and we even generate videos, infographics, surveys, etc.
At the risk of sounding arrogant, we’re good at creating quality content for the auto industry.
SEO Key #3 – Links, Shares, Tweets, and more From Trusted Sources
Google and Bing rely heavily upon links to determine rankings, but tweets, shares, Google +1’s, and other signals help determine which sites should be ranked #1 for any given search term.
Links from trusted and relevant websites are particularly important to SEO success. Examples of good links for automotive sites include natural links in quality forums and from owner’s club sites, editorial links on popular automotive blogs, links from other automotive retailer’s websites, etc.
SEO Budget and Time Line
Since we work with a range of clients, it’s difficult to define either a set cost or timeline. However, it’s generally safe to say that:
- Any SEO improvement that you see today is likely a result of something that happened 60-90 days ago, and perhaps even longer. Therefore, any SEO work we do for you will take 2-3 months to show dividends.
- We generally find it difficult to work with clients who have less than $1,500 a month to spend towards SEO.
What Makes Spork Marketing Special?
There are a lot of little things that make Spork Marketing special, but the big things are:
- We’re an auto part and accessory marketing company – that’s our specialty and our passion.
- We do NOT require our SEO clients to commit long term. We’re happy to go month-to-month on all SEO projects, because we’re confident we can earn our fee every month.
- We’re careful not to work with competitors. If your company sells OEM Jeep parts, for example, we will not work with any other OEM Jeep parts retailers. If your company specializes in Mustang performance parts, we won’t work with another Mustang performance part retailer.
To learn more about the way we do business – and to see if we can work together – please use the form to the right.