Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the question title to see the answer. If you don’t see your question, please contact us.
[accordion_tab header=”What Makes Spork Marketing Different?”]There are a lot of little things that make Spork different (our experience, our success as an online automotive publisher, our development expertise), but the big differences between Spork and similar companies are:
- The way we bill. We do not require our clients to commit long-term. We believe we should earn our fee, and we’re confident in our ability to deliver results
- Our quality, personalized service. Our small size allows us to work directly with all of our clients – none of our clients are “handled” by interns or fresh college grad “account managers.”
- We’re our own biggest client. At Spork, we own and manage half a dozen web properties that generate hundreds of thousands of page views each month. We’re well-versed in automotive blogging, community building, and online promotion because we do it for our own properties daily.
There are a LOT of marketing companies online. However, very few of them offer our combination of service and experience when it comes to helping you sell more auto parts and/or accessories online.[/accordion_tab]
[accordion_tab header=”What Do You Charge? Do You Have a Minimum Budget Requirement?”]Our goal for every client we work with is to provide excellent ROI. As a result, we always work with our clients to find a budget that is affordable while still giving us enough resources to be effective.
We can work on a monthly basis (with no long-term commitment), a project basis (a one-time cost), or a contract basis. Our price ranges vary from one service to another:
- PPC management services start at $299 per month
- SEO services start at $1500 per month
- Website design/development projects start at $3,500
- Blog management and development services start at $750 a month
For an exact quote, please contact us – we can discuss your project, determine if we’re a good fit for one another, and then figure out a budget that works.[/accordion_tab]
[accordion_tab header=”Why Do You Offer So Many Services? Why Not Just One?”]Since so many online marketing companies specialize in one type of service, many people have come to believe that this is the best way to do things. We think this is fundamentally incorrect.
First of all, over the last decade, the world of Internet marketing has been the merging…social media, email marketing, web development, SEO, and PPC have become increasingly intertwined. We’re confident this trend is only going to continue, and that means that we need to be good at all of these things to help our clients.
Second, our specialty doesn’t lie with the tools we use. Just like an automotive tech doesn’t specialize in using a torque wrench, we don’t specialize in PPC. We specialize in marketing your auto parts and accessories business online. That’s what we hang our hat on – SEO, PPC, email, web development…these are just the tools we use to help your business grow.[/accordion_tab]
[accordion_tab header=”What’s The Deal With The Name Spork?”]Sporks and marketing have almost no relationship to one another (only we’ve written a blog post about the similarities between the two).
Basically, we like the name “spork” because it’s memorable…and because it shows we don’t take ourselves too seriously.[/accordion_tab]
[accordion_tab header=”Would You Work With Companies That Compete With Mine?”]We take this particular question very seriously, as we feel it’s an ethical requirement for our business. If you hire us to help you promote your Mustang accessories website, you will be the only Mustang accessories website we work with. We will not work with companies who offer the same products and/or services unless:
- The target markets are completely different (different countries, different product eras, etc.)
- We believe there’s an opportunity to help both companies (teaming up can be very beneficial in some situations)
- You OK it first
If you say “No,” that’s as far as it goes.[/accordion_tab]
[accordion_tab header=”What Advice Do You Have For Finding a Good Automotive Marketing Company?”]The short answer is that references and results are really, really important. When you’re looking for automotive parts and accessory marketing companies, there two things you should look for:
1. Demand proof of results. A lot of companies talk about online marketing, but how many of them have clients that dominate search results on Google, Bing, and Yahoo? How many can direct you to top-notch examples of web development, and provide analytics reports to show that these sites generate revenue? How many can put you in touch with a half-a-dozen clients who sing their praises at a moment’s notice?
We love what we do (really, no joke – we love it). It’s a point of pride to do a great job, and our goal is to be the very best automotive part and accessory marketers in the world. We’re ready and able to prove that we know what we’re doing – just ask.
2. Ask for ideas and a “battle plan.” When we start talking to a new potential client, we like to take the time to review their specific site and goals, and then to provide them with both a) a realistic projection of results and b) a detailed outline of the work we’d like to do.
Many companies are reluctant to share ideas until they’ve got you on the hook, but we’re not scared to talk about ideas with anyone…the secret isn’t the ideas, it’s the execution that counts.[/accordion_tab]