In this video, Spork Marketing President Jason Lancaster talks about why conversion rate optimization (CRO) is important for auto parts and accessories eCommerce, as well as our general approach to offering CRO services.
We’ve summarized the video below, and you can visit our CRO services page to learn more about what we do.
What Is CRO?
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is all about making your website work better. It’s about increasing the percentage of website visitors that make a purchase.
Why Is CRO Important?
CRO raises your return on every dollar you invest in your site. If your website converts better:
- Every pay per click ad you’re paying for generates a better return
- Every marketing email you send generates more revenue
- Every piece of content you put on your site generates more revenue
- Every referral you get from social media generates more revenue
And so on.
Basically, CRO is the key to growth and profitability in e-commerce. When done well, CRO is a fast road to revenue growth.
How Does Conversion Rate Optimization Work?
At Spork Marketing, our CRO process is pretty straightforward:
First, we start with a CRO best practices checklist. We have 200+ items we use to evaluate your site and make recommendations. Often, we implement these recommendations without testing, as we know they’re universally effective. However, in situations where we have the time and traffic to run a quick A/B test, we’ll do a comparison of the site with and without our best practices implemented.
Next, we identify the key messaging and imagery that consumers see on all the key pages:
- Hero images and main messaging on the homepage
- Features and benefits expressed in the header and footer, on product detail pages, and on category pages
- Messaging on critical content pages (about page, policy pages, warranty page)
And we survey previous customers about these messages. What resonated with the people that have bought, and what didn’t? Using the results of this survey, we can begin testing.
Finally, we leverage user testing to identify issues with the site in terms of conversion…are their things users are clicking on that aren’t helpful? Are users not finding information they need, buttons they need, etc? Are there any confusing aspects to your site we can simplify?
NOTE: This is a very basic overview of the CRO process. CRO is not a discrete set of tasks – it is a constant theme in all the work that is being done on your site.
Why Spork For CRO?
Spork is different because of our focus on auto parts and accessories marketing:
- We understand auto parts and accessories consumers and how to market to them
- We understand the logistics and business aspects of the parts business
- We can relate our knowledge of the parts and accessories business to ecommerce and online marketing best practice
In short, when you work with Spork, you don’t have to explain a lot about what you do, who your customers are, and how your business works. Instead of paying our fees while we learn, we can hit the ground running.
Additionally, unlike most agencies, we’re willing to work month-to-month. We don’t ask our clients to sign long-term agreements because we don’t need to – we do great work and earn our fee every month.
But if you want to know more about CRO for your auto parts/accessories business, the best thing to do is to contact us. We’re happy to discuss your site and exactly what we would do for you with no obligation.