It’s The Law, At Least in Some States
Privacy Policies Are Good For Business
Guess what? Privacy is a huge concern for a lot of consumers. According to one source, 45% of households had decided not to buy online out of concern over the safety of their personal information. 45%!
That’s an astonishingly high number, and while it may overstate the situation, privacy policies are good for business:
There Are Boilerplate Privacy Policies Available
With the understanding that:
- Neither Spork Marketing (nor any of the links below) are offering legal advice
Check out these sample privacy policies. They should be a very good starting point. Indeed, many businesses use the samples without consulting an attorney.
Did Someone Say Terms of Service?
- Disclaim your liability for inaccuracies, errors, and omissions
- Explain that your company doesn’t owe anyone anything for completing a transaction on a product that’s been discontinued
- Explain that part pricing and shipping fees are subject to change at any time, and that you will give the consumer the option to cancel their transaction if they don’t like your changes to their order after the fact
- Explain that your company can cancel any order at any time for any reason
- Explain that you do not do business with anyone intending to commit a crime, that you will prosecute instances of fraud, etc.
- That your company is not liable for links that point to your site, nor for the content at sites you may link to
etc. Again, Shopify has a free Terms of Service generator that we like very much.
*NOTE: We never mention the Better Business Bureau without mentioning this: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/business-bureau-best-ratings-money-buy/story?id=12123843. Before you pay to join the BBB, ask yourself if that money could be put to better use.
Every once in a while, a parts or accessories ecommerce company will toy with the idea of offering free returns. The story goes something like…Read More
If you work in the parts and accessories industry, you probably have mixed feelings about SEMA and AAPEX. Either: At Spork, we have nothing but…Read More
We'll send you actionable parts and accessorries marketing articles every month - just sign up below.